UCL Terms & Conditions
This page states the Terms & Conditions of use ("Terms") under which you ("You") may use the UCL Sites and the Services for The Big Data Skills Portal.
These Terms constitute a binding agreement between You and University College London (UCL) or the UCL company operating the Web site for the country in which You live, and are deemed accepted by You each time that You use or access any Big Data Skills Portal Site or Big Data Skills Portal Services. If You do not accept the Terms stated here, do not use the Big Data Skills Portal Sites and the Big Data Skills Portal Services.
UCL may revise these Terms at any time by posting an updated version to this Web page. You should visit this page periodically to review the most current Terms because they are binding on You.
Users who violate these Terms may have their access and use of the UCL Sites suspended or terminated, at UCL’s discretion.
You must be 16 years of age or older to visit or use any Big Data Skills Portal in any manner, and, if under the age of 18 or the age of majority as that is defined in Your jurisdiction, must use any Big Data Skills Portal Site under the supervision of a parent, legal guardian, or other responsible adult.
UCL authorizes You, subject to these Terms, to access and use the UCL Sites and the UCL Content (as defined below) and to download and print the content available on or from the UCL Sites solely for Your personal, non-commercial use. The contents of the UCL Sites, such as designs, text, graphics, images, video, information, logos, button icons, software, audio files and other UCL content (collectively, "UCL Content"), are protected under copyright, trademark and other laws. All UCL Content is the property of UCL or its licensors. The compilation (meaning the collection, arrangement and assembly) of all content on the UCL Sites is the exclusive property of UCL and is protected by copyright, trademark, and other laws. Unauthorized use of the UCL Content may violate these laws and/or applicable communications regulations and statutes, and is strictly prohibited.
Any code that UCL creates to generate or display any UCL Content or the pages making up any UCL and Big Data Skills Portal Site is also protected by UCL's copyright and You may not copy or adapt such code subject to applicable law.
You agree not to sell or modify the UCL Content or reproduce, display, publicly perform, distribute, or otherwise use the UCL Content in any way for any public or commercial purpose, in connection with products or services that are not those of the UCL Sites, in any other manner that is likely to cause confusion among consumers, that disparages or discredits UCL or its licensors, that dilutes the strength of UCL's or its licensor’s property, or that otherwise infringes UCL's or its licensor’s intellectual property rights. You further agree to in no other way misuse UCL Content. The use of the UCL Content on any other application, web site or in a networked computer environment for any purpose is prohibited. Any code that UCL creates to generate or display any UCL Content or the pages making up any Application or Service is also protected UCL’s copyright and you may not copy or adapt such code.
The challenge and internship placement portal (“the Big Data Skills Portal Database”) and other features of the Big Data Skills Portal Sites may be used only by individuals seeking placements and/or career information and by customers and partners of SAS Software Ltd. seeking placement students. Your use of the UCL Services is also subject to any other contracts You may have with UCL. In the case of any conflict between these Terms and any contract you have with The Big Data Skills Portal, the terms of your contract will prevail. The term “post” as used herein shall mean information that You submit, publish or display on a Big Data Skills Portal Site
All UCL Users agree to not:
- (b) take any action that imposes an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on any UCL Site's infrastructure;
- (c) use any device to navigate or search any UCL Site other than the tools available on the Site, generally available third party web browsers, or other tools approved by UCL;
- (d) use any data mining, robots or similar data gathering or extraction methods;
- (e) violate or attempt to violate the security of any UCL Site including attempting to probe, scan or test the vulnerability of a system or network or to breach security or authentication measures without proper authorization;
- (f) forge any TCP/IP packet header or any part of the header information in any e-mail or newsgroup posting;
- (g) reverse engineer or decompile any parts of any UCL Site;
- (h) aggregate, copy or duplicate in any manner any of the UCL Content or information available from any UCL Site, including expired job postings and messages, other than as permitted by these Terms;
- (i) frame or link to any UCL Content or information available from any UCL Site, unless permitted by these Terms;
- j) post any content or material that promotes or endorses false or misleading information or illegal activities, or endorses or provides instructional information about illegal activities or other activities prohibited by these Terms, such as making or buying illegal weapons, violating someone's privacy, providing or creating computer viruses or pirating media;
- (k) post any CV, message an organisation and/or apply for any job on behalf of another party;
- (l) defer any contact from an employer to any agent, agency, or other third party;
- (m) set more than one copy of the same CV to visible at any one time;
- (n)share with a third party any login credentials to any UCL Site;
- (o) access data not intended for You or logging into a server or account which You are not authorized to access;
- (p) post or submit to any UCL Site any incomplete, false or inaccurate biographical information or information which is not Your own;
- (q) post content that contains restricted or password-only access pages, or hidden pages or images;
- (r) solicit passwords or personally identifiable information from other Users;
- (s) delete or alter any material posted by any other person or entity;
- (t) harass, incite harassment or advocate harassment of any group, company, or individual;
- (u) send unsolicited mail or email, make unsolicited phone calls or send unsolicited faxes promoting and/or advertising products or services to any User, or contact any users that have specifically requested not to be contacted by You;
- (v) attempt to interfere with service to any User, host or network, including, without limitation, via means of submitting a virus to any UCL Site, overloading, "flooding", "spamming", "mailbombing" or "crashing";
- (w) promote or endorse an illegal or unauthorized copy of another person's copyrighted work, such by as providing or making available pirated computer programs or links to them, providing or making available information to circumvent manufacture-installed copy-protect devices, or providing or making available pirated music or other media or links to pirated music or other media files;
- (x) use the UCL Services for any unlawful purpose or any illegal activity, or post or submit any content, CV, or job posting that is defamatory, libelous, implicitly or explicitly offensive, vulgar, obscene, threatening, abusive, hateful, racist, discriminatory, of a menacing character or likely to cause annoyance, inconvenience, embarrassment, anxiety or could cause harassment to any person or include any links to pornographic, indecent or sexually explicit material of any kind, as determined by UCL’s discretion; or
- (y) post any CV which is not a genuine CV and which attempts to advertise or promote products or services.
Violations of system or network security may result in civil and/or criminal liability. UCL will investigate occurrences which may involve such violations and may involve, and cooperate with, law enforcement authorities in prosecuting Users who are involved in such violations.
You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of Your account, Profile and passwords, as applicable. You may not share Your password or other account access information with any other party, temporarily or permanently, and You shall be responsible for all uses of Your UCL Site registrations and passwords, whether or not authorized by You. You agree to immediately notify UCL of any unauthorized use of Your account, Profile, or passwords.
Organisations are solely responsible for their postings on UCL Sites. UCL is not to be considered to be an employer with respect to Your use of any UCL/Big Data Skills Portal Site and UCL shall not be responsible for any employment decisions/offers, for whatever reason, made by any entity posting job/challenge on any Big Data Skills Portal Site.
You understand and acknowledge that if You cancel Your Business account or Your Business account is terminated, all Your account information from UCL, including saved profiles, and newsletters, will be marked as deleted in and may be deleted from UCL's databases. Information may continue to be available for some period of time because of delays in propagating such deletion through UCL’s web servers.
In order to protect our UCL Community Users from commercial advertising or solicitation, UCL reserves the right to restrict the number of messages and e-mails which an employer may send to Users to a number which UCL deems appropriate in its sole discretion.
Candidate profiles derived from User Content may also be made available through the Sites. UCL does not make any representations regarding the accuracy or validity of such derived works or their appropriateness for evaluation by employers. Derived profiles may vary significantly from User Content.
A Job posting may not contain:
- (a) any hyperlinks, other than those specifically authorised by UCL;
- (b) misleading, unreadable, or "hidden" keywords, repeated keywords or keywords that are irrelevant to the job opportunity being presented, as determined in UCL’s reasonable discretion;
- (c) the names, logos or trademarks of unaffiliated companies other than those of your customer save where expressly agreed by UCL;
- (d) the names of colleges, cities, states, towns or countries that are unrelated to the posting;
- (e) more than one job or job description, more than one location, or more than one job category, unless the product so allows;
- (f) inaccurate, false, or misleading information; and
- (g) material or links to material that exploits people in a sexual, violent or other manner, or solicits personal information from anyone under 16.
You may not use Your Big Data Skills Platform posting to:
- (a) post jobs, challenges or opportunities in a manner that does not comply with applicable local, national and international laws, including but not limited to laws relating to labor and employment, equal employment opportunity and employment eligibility requirements, data privacy, data access and use, and intellectual property;
- (b) post jobs that require citizenship of any particular country or lawful permanent residence in a country as a condition of employment, unless otherwise required in order to comply with law, regulations, executive order, or federal, state or local government contract;
- (c) post jobs that include any screening requirement or criterion in connection with a job posting where such requirement or criterion is not an actual and legal requirement of the posted job;
- (e) sell, promote or advertise products or services;
- (f) post any franchise, pyramid scheme, "club membership", distributorship, multi-level marketing opportunity, or sales representative agency arrangement;
- (g) post any business opportunity that requires an up front or periodic payment or requires recruitment of other members, sub-distributors or sub-agents;
- (h) post any business opportunity that pays commission only unless the posting clearly states that the available job pays commission only and clearly describes the product or service that the job seeker would be selling;
- (i) promote any opportunity that does not represent bona fide employment;
- (j) post jobs on any UCL Site for modelling, acting, talent or entertainment agencies or talent scouting positions;
- (k) advertise sexual services or seek employees for jobs of a sexual nature;
- (l) request the use of human body parts or the donation of human parts, including, without limitation, reproductive services such as egg donation and surrogacy;
- (m) endorse a particular political party, political agenda, political position or issue;
- (n) promote a particular religion;
- (o) except where allowed by applicable law, post jobs which require the applicant to provide information relating to his/her (i) racial or ethnic origin (ii) political beliefs (iii) philosophical or religious beliefs (iv) membership of a trade union (v) physical or mental health (vi) sexual life (vii) the commission of criminal offences or proceedings or (vii) age.
UCL reserves the right to remove any job posting or content from any UCL Site, which in the reasonable exercise of UCL’s discretion, does not comply with the above Terms, or if any content is posted that UCL believes is not in the best interest of UCL.
If at any time during Your use of the UCL Big Data Skills Portal Services, You made a misrepresentation of fact to UCL or otherwise misled UCL in regards to the nature of Your business activities, UCL will have grounds to terminate Your use of the UCL Services.
Use of the UCL Profile Database by Employers
You shall use the UCL Profile Database as provided in these Terms and in any contract You have with UCL and/or SAS Software Ltd.. You shall use the UCL Profile Database in accordance with all applicable privacy and data protection laws, and You agree You shall not further disclose any of the data from UCL Profile Database to any third party.
You shall take appropriate physical, technical, and administrative measures to protect the data You have obtained from UCL Profile Database from loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration or destruction. You shall not share Profile Database login credentials with any other party.
The UCL Profile Database shall not be used:
- (a) for any purpose other than as an employer seeking employees and/or placements students including but not limited to advertising promotions, products, or services to any profile holders;
- (b) to make unsolicited phone calls or send unsolicited messages, email, or newsletters to profile holders or to contact any individual unless they have agreed to be contacted (where consent is required or, if express consent is not required, who has informed you that they do not want to be contacted); or
In order to ensure a safe and effective experience for all of our customers, UCL reserves the right to limit the amount of data (including CV views) that may be accessed by You in any given time period. These limits may be amended in UCL’s sole discretion from time to time.
When You register with any UCL Site, You will be asked to create an account and provide UCL with certain information including, without limitation, a valid email address (Your "Information"). s
Any Profile You submit must be accurate and describe You, an individual person. The Profile requires standard fields to be completed.
You acknowledge and agree that You are solely responsible for the form, content and accuracy of any CV or material contained therein placed by You on the UCL and Big Data Skills Portal Sites.
UCL reserves the right to offer third party services and products to You based on the preferences that You identify in Your registration and at any time thereafter or you have agreed to receive, such offers may be made by UCL or by third parties.
You understand and acknowledge that You have no ownership rights in Your account and that if You cancel Your UCL Big Data Skills Portal account or Your UCL Big Data Skills Portal account is terminated, all Your account information from the Big Data Skills Portal, including CVs, Profiles, cover letters, Jobs/Challenges applied for, questionnaires will be marked as deleted in and may be deleted from UCL's databases and will be removed from any public area of the UCL Sites. Information may continue to be available for some period of time because of delays in propagating such deletion through UCL’s web servers. In addition, third parties may retain saved copies of Your Information.
UCL reserves the right to delete Your account and all of Your Information after a significant duration of inactivity.
You understand that all information, data, text, software, music, sound, photographs, graphics, video, advertisements, messages or other materials submitted, posted or displayed by You on or through a UCL Site ("User Content") is the sole responsibility of the person from which such User Content originated. UCL claims no ownership or control over any User Content. You or a third party licensor, as appropriate, retain all patent, trademark and copyright to any User Content you submit, post or display on or through UCL and you are responsible for protecting those rights, as appropriate. By submitting, posting or displaying User Content which is intended to be available to users of the Big Data Skills Portal, you grant UCL a worldwide, nonexclusive, royalty-free license to analyse, reproduce, adapt, distribute and publish such User Content for the purpose of promoting UCL and its services. UCL will discontinue this licensed use within a commercially reasonable period after such User Content is removed from the Big Data Skills Portal. UCL reserves the right to refuse to accept, post, display or transmit any User Content in its sole discretion.
You also represent and warrant that You have the right to grant, or that the holder of any rights, including moral rights in such content has completely and effectively waived all such rights and validly and irrevocably granted to You the right to grant, the license stated above. If You post User Content in any public area of any UCL Site, You also permit any User to access, display, view, store and reproduce such User Content for personal use. Subject to the foregoing, the owner of such User Content placed on any UCL Site retains any and all rights that may exist in such User Content. UCL may review and remove any User Content that, in its sole judgment, violates these Terms, violates applicable laws, rules or regulations, is abusive, disruptive, offensive or illegal, or violates the rights of, or harms or threatens the safety of, Users of any UCL Site. UCL reserves the right to expel Users and prevent their further access to the UCL Sites and/or use of the Big Data Skills Portal Services for violating the Terms or applicable laws, rules or regulations. UCL may take any action with respect to User Content that it deems necessary or appropriate in its sole discretion if it believes that such User Content could create liability for UCL, damage UCL’s brand or public image, or cause UCL to lose Users or (in whole or in part) the services of its affiliates or other suppliers.
UCL does not represent or guarantee the truthfulness, accuracy, or reliability of User Content, derivative works from User Content, or any other communications posted by Users nor does UCL endorse any opinions expressed by Users. You acknowledge that any reliance on material posted by other Users will be at Your own risk.
The following is a partial list of User Content that is prohibited on the Application. The list below is for illustration only and is not a complete list of all prohibited User Content.
- • is implicitly or explicitly offensive, such as User Content that engages in, endorses or promotes racism, bigotry, discrimination, hatred or physical harm of any kind against any group or individual;
- • harasses, incites harassment or advocates harassment of any group or individual;
- • involves the transmission of “junk mail”, “chain letters,” or unsolicited mass mailing, “spamming” or “phishing”;
- • promotes or endorses false or misleading information or illegal activities or conduct that is abusive, threatening, obscene, defamatory or libelous;
- • promotes or endorses an illegal or unauthorized copy of another person's copyrighted work, such as providing or making available pirated computer programs or links to them, providing or making available information to circumvent manufacture-installed copyprotect devices, or providing or making available pirated music or other media or links to pirated music or other media files;
- • contains restricted or password only access pages, or hidden pages or images;
- • displays or links to pornographic, indecent or sexually explicit material of any kind;
- • provides or links to material that exploits people under the age of 18 in a sexual, violent or other manner, or solicits personal information from anyone under 18; or
- • provides instructional information about illegal activities or other activities prohibited by these Terms, including without limitation, making or buying illegal weapons, violating someone's privacy, providing or creating computer viruses or pirating any media; and
- • solicits passwords or personal identifying information from other Users.
Any Profile You submit must describe You, an individual person. Examples of inappropriate and prohibited Profiles include, but are not limited to, Profiles that purport to represent an animal, place, inanimate object, fictional character, or real individual that is not You.
We appreciate hearing from our Users and welcome Your comments regarding our services and the UCL Sites. While we do value Your feedback on our services, please be specific in Your comments regarding our service. Any Submission shall be the property of UCL or in the alternative, where UCL cannot exclusively own all rights in the Submission, You hereby grant UCL a royalty free irrevocable and perpetual license to use the Submission and UCL shall be entitled to unrestricted use of the Submission for any purpose whatsoever, commercial or otherwise, without compensation to You or any other person. None of the Submission shall be subject to any obligation of confidentiality on our part and we shall not be liable for any use or disclosure of any Submission.
If You believe that Your copyrighted work or trademark has been uploaded, posted or copied to any UCL Big Data Skills Platform Site and is accessible on such UCL Site in a way that constitutes copyright or trademark infringement, please contact UCL by email at
UCL respects the intellectual property of others, and we ask our Users and content partners to do the same. The unauthorized posting, reproduction, copying, distribution, modification, public display or public performance of copyrighted works constitutes infringement of the copyright owners rights. As a condition to Your use of the UCL Big Data Skills Portal Sites, You agree not to use any UCL Site to infringe the intellectual property rights of others in any way. UCL reserves the right to terminate the accounts of any Users, and block access to the UCL Sites of any Users who are repeat infringers of the copyrights, or other intellectual property rights, of others. UCL reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to take these actions to limit access to the Site and/or terminate the accounts of any time, in our sole discretion Users who infringe any intellectual property rights of others, whether or not there is any repeat infringement, with or without notice, and without any liability to the User who is terminated or to the User whose access is blocked. Notwithstanding the foregoing, in the event that You believe in good faith that a notice of copyright infringement has been wrongly filed against You, please contact UCL by email at
The UCL Big Data Skills Portal Sites act as, among other things, venues for (i) customers and partners of SAS Software Ltd to post challenges and internship opportunities and (ii) students to post CVs and Profiles and evaluate potential employment opportunities. UCL does not screen or censor the listings, including Profiles offered. UCL is not involved in the actual transaction between businesses and students. As a result, UCL is not responsible for User Content, the quality, safety or legality of the jobs or CVs posted, the truth or accuracy of the listings, the ability of employers to offer job opportunities to candidates or the ability of candidates to fill job openings and UCL makes no representations about any jobs, CVs or User Content on the UCL Big Data Skills Portal Sites. While UCL reserves the right in its sole discretion to remove User Content, job postings, CVs or other material from the UCL Sites from time to time, UCL does not assume any obligation to do so and to the fullest extent permitted by law, disclaims any liability for failing to take any such action.
The UCL Big Data Skills Portal Sites and the relevant UCL Content may contain inaccuracies or typographical errors. UCL makes no representations about the accuracy, reliability, completeness, or timeliness of any UCL Big Data Skills Portal Site or the relevant UCL Content. The use of all UCL Sites and the UCL Big Data Skills Portal Sites Content is at Your own risk. Changes are periodically made to UCL Sites and may be made at any time. UCL cannot guarantee and does not promise any specific results from use of any UCL Site. No advice or information, whether oral or written, obtained by a User from UCL or through or from any UCL Site shall create any warranty not expressly stated herein.
UCL does not provide or make any representation as to the quality or nature of any of the third party products or services purchased through any UCL Big Data Skills Portal Site, or any other representation, warranty or guaranty. Any such undertaking, representation, warranty or guaranty would be furnished solely by the provider of such third party products or services, under the terms agreed to by the provider.
If You believe that something on the Site violates these Terms please contact us at
If notified of any content or other materials which allegedly do not conform to these Terms, UCL may in its sole discretion investigate the allegation and determine whether to remove or request the removal of the content. UCL has no liability or responsibility to Users for performance or non performance of such activities.
TO THE FULLEST EXTENT POSSIBLE BY LAW, UCL DOES NOT WARRANT THAT ANY MONSTER SITE OR ANY UCL SERVICES WILL OPERATE ERROR-FREE OR THAT ANY UCL SITE AND ITS SERVERS ARE FREE OF COMPUTER VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL MECHANISMS. IF YOUR USE OF ANY UCL SITE OR THE UCL CONTENT RESULTS IN THE NEED FOR SERVICING OR REPLACING EQUIPMENT OR DATA OR ANY OTHER COSTS, UCL IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR THOSE COSTS. THE UCL SITES AND UCL CONTENT ARE PROVIDED ON AN "AS IS" BASIS WITHOUT ANY WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND. UCL, TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING THE WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. UCL MAKES NO WARRANTIES ABOUT THE ACCURACY, RELIABILITY, COMPLETENESS, OR TIMELINESS OF THE UCL CONTENT, SERVICES, SOFTWARE, TEXT, GRAPHICS, AND LINKS.
TO THE FULLEST EXTENT POSSIBLE BY LAW, IN NO EVENT SHALL UCL, ITS SUPPLIERS, OR ANY THIRD PARTIES MENTIONED ON ANY UCL SITE BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES WHATSOEVER (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, INCIDENTAL AND CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, LOST PROFITS, OR DAMAGES RESULTING FROM LOST DATA, LOST EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY OR BUSINESS INTERRUPTION) RESULTING FROM THE USE OR INABILITY TO USE ANY UCL SITE AND THE UCL CONTENT, WHETHER BASED ON WARRANTY, CONTRACT, TORT, OR ANY OTHER LEGAL THEORY, AND WHETHER OR NOT UCL IS ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
TO THE FULLEST EXTENT POSSIBLE BY LAW, UCL'S MAXIMUM LIABILITY ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH ANY UCL SITE OR YOUR USE OF THE BIG DATA SKILLS PORTAL CONTENT, REGARDLESS OF THE CAUSE OF ACTION (WHETHER IN CONTRACT, TORT, BREACH OF WARRANTY OR OTHERWISE), WILL NOT EXCEED £0
The UCL Sites contain links to third party Web sites. These links are provided solely as a convenience to You and not as an endorsement by UCL of the contents on such third-party Web sites. UCL is not responsible for the content of linked third-party sites and does not make any representations regarding the content or accuracy of materials on such third party Web sites. If You decide to access linked third-party Web sites, You do so at Your own risk.
You agree not to resell or assign Your rights or obligations under these Terms. You also agree not to make any unauthorized commercial use of the Big Data Skills Portal Site.
You agree to defend, indemnify, and hold harmless UCL, its affiliates, and their respective officers, directors, employees and agents, from and against any claims, actions or demands, including without limitation reasonable legal and accounting fees, alleging or resulting from (i) any User Content or other material You provide to any Big Data Skills Portal Site, (ii) Your use of any Big Data Skills Portal Content, or (iii) Your breach of these Terms. UCL shall provide notice to You promptly of any such claim, suit, or proceeding.
UCL makes no claims or representations that the Big Data Skills Portal Content may be lawfully viewed or accessed outside of Europe.
These Terms are governed by the laws of the European Union. Jurisdiction for any claims arising under this agreement shall lie exclusively with the European courts. If any provision of these Terms are found to be invalid by any court having competent jurisdiction, the invalidity of such provision shall not affect the validity of the remaining provisions of these Terms, which shall remain in full force and effect. No waiver of any term of these Terms shall be deemed a further or continuing waiver of such term or any other term. In addition, UCL’s failure to enforce any term of these Terms shall not be deemed as a waiver of such term or otherwise affect UCL’s ability to enforce such term at any point in the future. Except as expressly provided in an additional agreement, additional Terms for certain areas of the UCL Sites (Big Data Skills Portal), these Terms constitute the entire agreement between You and UCL with respect to the use of the Big Data Skills Portal Sites. No changes to these Terms shall be made except by a revised posting on this page.
If You use the UCL Sites through a mobile device, You agree that information about Your use of the UCL Sites through Your mobile device and carrier may be communicated to us, including but not limited to Your mobile carrier, Your mobile device, or Your physical location. In addition, use of the UCL Sites through a mobile device may cause data to be displayed on and through Your mobile device. By accessing the UCL Sites using a mobile device, You represent that to the extent You import any of Your UCL data to Your mobile device that You have authority to share the transferred data with Your mobile carrier or other access provider. In the event You change or deactivate Your mobile account, You must promptly update Your Big Data Skills Portal account information to ensure that Your messages are not sent to the person that acquires Your old number and failure to do so is Your responsibility. You acknowledge You are responsible for all charges and necessary permissions related to accessing the UCL Sites through Your mobile access provider. Therefore, You should check with Your provider to find out if the UCL Sites are available and the terms for these services for Your specific mobile devices.
These Terms will remain in full force and effect while You are a User of any UCL Big Data Skills Portal Site. UCL reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to pursue all of its legal remedies, including but not limited to removal of Your User Content from the UCL Sites and immediate termination of Your registration with or ability to access the UCL Sites and/or any other services provided to You by UCL, upon any breach by You of these Terms or if UCL is unable to verify or authenticate any information You submit to a UCL Site registration. Even after You are no longer a User of the UCL Sites, certain provisions of these Terms will remain in effect, including Sections 1, 2, 5, 7 through 16, inclusive.
Your registration or ability to access the Big Data Skills Portal Sites and/or any other services provided to you by the UCL will automatically be renewed at the term of your initial contract with UCL. If you wish to terminate your registration or ability to access the UCL Sites and/or any other services provided by UCL, you will need to inform UCL with a month’s notice.
For the purposes of the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Business Regulations 2003 (the “Regulations”), UCL is not an employment business and generally does not introduce or supply work-seekers to hirers (or vice versa).
The sole exception to the above is where UCL provides its services. The services may involve the introduction and supply of workseekers to hirers (and vice versa) but it does not involve the introduction or supply of work-seekers for any job position which involves working with, caring for or attending a vulnerable person.
In providing these services, UCL will use reasonable endeavors to confirm that the work-seeker is willing to work in the position. Furthermore, UCL will use reasonable endeavors to check the identity of the hirer and the nature of its business, the commencement date and duration of the position, the position to be filled including the type of work, location, hours and risks to health and safety, experience, training, qualifications and authorization which the hirer considers necessary or are required by law or otherwise to undertake the position, whether any expenses are payable by the work-seeker or whether there are any requirements imposed by law or otherwise for a work-seeker to satisfy before taking up a position.
The Regulations seek to ensure that work-seekers are only proposed by Employment Agencies for roles for which they are properly qualified and that hirers are only offered work-seekers who have the appropriate levels of experience, training, qualifications and authorization for the position to be filled. It is recommended that, if you are a work-seeker you undertake the steps set out in the Regulations to ensure your suitability for the role advertised or, if you are a recruiter, to ensure a work-seeker’s suitability for your the role. These could include:
- 1. If you are a work-seeker; checking the identity of the hirer and the nature of its business, the commencement date and duration of the position, the position to be filled including type of work, location, hours and risks to health and safety, experience, training, qualifications and authorization which the hirer considers necessary or are required by law or otherwise to undertake the position, whether any expenses are payable by you as a work-seeker or whether there are any requirements imposed by law or otherwise for you to satisfy before taking up a position.
- 2. If you are a hirer; checking the identity of the work-seeker and that the work-seeker has the experience, training, qualifications and authorization required by law or otherwise for the position and whether there are any requirements imposed by law or otherwise for you, as the hirer, to meet to enable a work-seeker to take up a position.
In addition, where professional qualifications are required or where work-seekers are to work with vulnerable persons or children, you should obtain copies of the relevant qualifications or authorization, obtain at least two references from people who are not relatives of the work-seeker and undertake a criminal records bureau check of the work-seeker.